We all have our strengths and weaknesses. It’s quite apparent that sitting down to put together a blog post is one of my weaknesses! But the best thing about having a weakness is that you have something to work on to improve yourself, am I right?! I strongly believe there is always a positive outlook if you look for it!
Today’s post is all about our weekend getaway to celebrate our first wedding anniversary! Ivano and I got married in his hometown of Sardinia, Italy, last year and it was magical to spend quality time with all the people we love in such a beautiful land! If you have not heard of Sardinia, look it up! It's a lesser-known Italian island that has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And the food! The people! The culture! Ok, I digress!
Back to our anniversary weekend here in northern California, USA... We were able to find the perfect location on www.hipcamp.com that met all of our search criteria listed here:
- Driving distance from Belmont, CA
- Room with a view and away from the crowds
- A glamping site with a real bed, hot shower, and toilet
(PS. I absolutely love Hipcamp, it’s like Airbnb but for people seeking something more outdoorsy!)
Not only did our site meet all of the criteria, it also has a lavender farm on the property and a fire ring so we could enjoy the starry sky! The entire experience was blissful and we were able to feel rested when we got home.
During this trip, we saw some of the world’s tallest trees in Montgomery Woods State Natural Reserve, experienced the most amazing lunch with a view plus private beach access, and ended the trip with a full-on omakase meal in San Francisco. I am so grateful to have had this amazing weekend getaway with my two loves!
Below is a list all of the places we visited that I highly recommend, in case you were interested in taking this road trip yourself.
- Our amazing glamping site in Running Springs Ranch
- Lunch in Petaluma: Sax’s Joint
- Coffee in Healdsburg: Shed
- Saturday morning hike (unfortunately without Otto): Montgomery Woods State Natural Reserve
- Lunch in Mendocino: GoodLife Cafe and Bakery
- Beach outing in Fort Bragg: MacKerricher State Park
- Harvest Market in Fort Bragg
- Lunch with a view in Elk: Harbor House Inn (This place allowed us to bring Otto in for lunch because he was small and there weren't too many people. We lucked out because it was a gem! Best lunch with a view and we had private beach access!)
- Legitimate Japanese omakase in San Francisco: Kinjo
I documented the trip with my iPhone 7 as well as my DSLR. It’s pretty cumbersome to travel with my 1DX, I really want to invest in a smaller mirrorless camera… Sony A7 RIII I am looking at you!
I hope you have found this post to be informative and enjoyable. Please tell me your favorite weekend road trip places with your dog in the comments below! We are always looking for new ideas :)
Till next time!